Name: GatacaMain: Website, Blog, Docs, Socials: Twitter, Youtube, Crunchbase, Linkedin, Related: ESSIFLab Founders: Irene Hernandez, Samuel Gómez Founded: 2018 Location: USA, Massachusetts, Boston Sector: Enterprise Industry: ID Focus: Personal Data Standard: DID
Gataca is a cybersecurity company founded in Boston, MA, at the heart of MIT’s entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem. It started as an academic research study seeking to reduce the risk of doing business online. As victims of the Equifax data breach later that year, the topic became very Personal.
We built Gataca because we knew there had to be a better way to protect our data.
- Jose San Juan, GATACA: “blockchain technology has become the protagonist of the world we live in” Parent: CyberNews Type: Interview Date: 2023-04-24
- Congrats to the 11 wallet providers for being conformant to @EU_EBSI Related: ValidatedID, Danube, Waltid, DXCTechnology, CIMEA_Naric, identyum, ThalesDigiSec, Posteitaliane Parent: iGrantio Type: Tweet Date: 2022-07-01
- GATACA joins EU Commission’s Early Adopters Program as SSI provider in the Spanish group Type: Post Date: 2021-04-12 Focus: Real World
For the past 4 years, GATACA has focused the majority of its efforts on building an interoperable, secure, and user-friendly product for the European region. We not only plan to continue to focus on the needs of our clients and regulatory, as well as standardization demands from the market but to take our SSI tech to the next level.
In Spain, three universities will pioneer the issuance of digital Academic Diplomas. The issuance will be performed 100% online, where students will authenticate themselves using a digital ID previously issued by FNMT (the Royal Mint of Spain) and stored in their mobile wallets.
- SSI Essentials: Everything you need to know about Decentralized Identity Type: Post Date: 2021-11-29
- Decentralized Finance & Self-sovereign Identity: A tale of decentralization, a new paradigm of trust Type: Post Date: 2021-05-07 Industry: DWeb Market: DeFi
Solving the identity paradox: the tradeoff between privacy, security, & user experience
We are aware that DeFi’s growth is explosive and inevitable yet its growth needs to be sustainable and responsible. This can be done with SSI.
- Verifier Universal Interface by Gataca España S.L. Parent: eSSIFlab Type: Spec Date: 2021-04-09 Tech: Verifier API
- This is how GATACA achieves blockchain interoperability Type: Post Date: 2021-03-2021 Tech: DID Registry
This draft version can be found at https://Gataca-io.GitHub.io/verifier-apis/ and has been built using ReSpec.
This draft version for VUI includes today 6 APIs:
- Presentation Exchange
- Consent Management
- Schema resolution
- Issuer resolution
- ID resolution
- Credential status resolution
blockchain agnosticism is possible due to our DID registry component: all incoming activity is delegated to the DID registry with specific connections to each blockchain so that the rest of our technology components do not have to participate in the process. Other components need not know where the information persists from; they delegate that special knowledge to the DID registry and continue to perform their regular activities as usual.