Name: IndicioMain: Website, Blog, Socials: Crunchbase, Linkedin, Founders: Frances Donegan-Ryan, Heather Dahl, Ken Ebert Founded: 2020-04-15 Location: USA, Washington, Seattle Sector: Enterprise Industry: ID Market: SSI Projects: VCI Tech: Indy
Indicio is Empowering Trust
Indicio provides companies the ability to create and manage Trusted Data Ecosystems for the exchange of high-value information and data assets, the creation of marketplaces, and the development of new business models around trusted data.
Specializing in financial, healthcare, and travel markets, Indicio’s global decentralized network and its software and information management products enable customers all over the world to issue, hold, and verify data through encrypted digital credentials.
Our software and infrastructure allows companies to confirm data authenticity repeatedly and efficiently from its source without the expense or risk of direct integrations. Privacy-by-design architecture simplifies data compliance and deploys continuous Zero-Trust security, boosting bottom-line profit, mitigating costly risks, and enhancing an institution’s reputation for information privacy.
Contact us for quick implementation of trusted digital ecosystems today.
- Prove it all with Indicio Proven Type: Product Date: 2022-07-20
- Indicio Launches Proven, A Complete Trusted Digital Ecosystem For Sharing Actionable, Trustworthy Data Parent: AccessWire Type: Press Date: 2022-07-20 Projects: Indicio Proven
- Indicio’s Associateships: A starting point for the next generation of professionals Type: Post Date: 2022-03-08
- Indicio expands workshops and introduces a new certification program Type: Product Date: 2021-03-08
Sometimes called “self-sovereign identity,” or “user-centric identity,” or “reusable identity,” the open source technology behind Proven provides an authoritative way to authenticate any data without having to check in with the source of that data — or go through a third party.
Indicio Proven is how you get actionable data without sacrificing privacy or security, said Heather Dahl, CEO of Indicio. “What makes data actionable is that it can be trusted. You can prove its source. You can prove it hasn’t been faked or tampered with. Decentralized identity has long been seen as the solution to the interconnected problems of verification, privacy, and security. With Indicio Proven, the marketplace now has a range of ready-to-use products to implement that solution and create Trusted Digital Ecosystems for sharing and verifying data at any scale.”
Learning new skills in a new industry and technology is always good for growth, both Personally and professionally. It’s particularly important for those in college to be able dip their toes into different worlds off campus and get a sense of the kind of work they want—or don’t want—to pursue in life.
Looking to get up to speed in decentralized digital identity and verifiable credentials? Our custom trainings and workshops are designed to provide key insights into fundamental use cases, dive deep into the impact of the technology, and offer both technical and nontechnical audiences the opportunity to ask the questions they need to continue their education in decentralized identity. Because nothing beats learning by doing.
- Finalist for CRN Social Impact Award Related: Aruba Health Department, SITA Type: Post Date: 2022-06-23 Industry: Travel Market: COVID
- What Indicio’s Seed Funding Means for Decentralized Identity Technology Type: Post Date: 2022-05-04
- How to Create a Trusted Digital World Type: Post Date: 2022-04-28
- Privatyze collaborates with Indicio to build a decentralized data marketplace Related: Privatyze Type: Post Date: 2022-03-03
- Indicio named by New York VC Network in their list of the most exciting early-stage teams Related: New York VC Network Type: Post Date: 2022-01-28
- Bonifii increases financial inclusion with GlobaliD digital wallet and Indicio Network Parent: Bonifii Type: Post Date: 2021-10-22
- Indicio Named Finalist in IDC’s Inaugural Best in Future of Digital Infrastructure North America Awards Type: Post Date: 2021-09-14
- 21 Industry leaders from five continents join Indicio Network consortium to drive global adoption of decentralized identity Related: GlobalID Type: Post Date: 2021-07-06
- Decentralized Identity opens the doors for safe travel and tourism Type: Post Date: 2021-06-23
- Paving the way to safer travel Type: Post Date: 2021-05-05 Industry: Travel
- SITA, Indicio pave way to safer travel experience with launch of Aruba Health App Related: Aruba Health Department Parent: SITA Type: Press Date: 2021-05-05 Industry: Travel Market: COVID Projects: Aruba Health App
- IDramp Offers Market-Ready Decentralized Identity Platform on the Indicio Network Parent: IDramp Type: Post Date: 2021-01-01
- Indicio.Tech Incorporates as a Public Benefit Corporation Type: Post Date: 2020-12-30 Standard: Public Benefit Corporation
Indicio worked with SITA and the Aruban government to develop a decentralized identity solution for managing Covid testing and vaccination for travelers to the tourism-dependent island.
Our new funding will be used to refine the open-source, decentralized-identity technology stack. We have the basic technology for a functional ecosystem, now we improve that functionality by adding all the features, user interfaces, and management tools that make it easier to deploy, use, and monitor.
We’ve completed what we set out to do two years ago: finish the technology’s foundation and create a full, open source ecosystem around it. You can issue, share, and verify data through verifiable digital credentials today. You can layer this on top of your existing identity and access management systems now.
“In a data-driven economy, we need a marketplace for data that’s inclusive and not exploitative,” said Heather Dahl, CEO of Indicio. “That means that participants can meaningfully consent to data transactions and do so in a way that enables zero-trust security. This just isn’t possible without decentralized solutions, and we are excited to work with Privatyze on building this solution.
Indicio is proud to have been named by New York VC Network in their recently compiled list of the most exciting early-stage teams that they’ll be following closely this year!
Bonifii, the financial industry’s first verifiable exchange network for financial cooperatives, today announced the Bonifii credential, a decentralized digital identity that provides underserved individuals with access to traditional banking services in a way that maximizes their privacy and security. Bonifii created the digital credential in partnership with GlobaliD, a trust platform and digital wallet. The credential is underpinned by the Indicio Network, a global network built on Hyperledger Indy for decentralized digital identity using distributed ledger technology (DLT).
The finalists have effectively used digital infrastructure across on-prem, edge and public cloud platforms to transform their most important business processes and to launch new digital business innovations. They are to be congratulated for their vision and industry leadership!
GlobaliD, USA; Uphold, Portugal; ID Ramp, USA; Cynjatech, USA; Finclusive, USA; Xertify, Colombia; Snowbridge Inc., Taiwan; Entrustient, USA; Bot Ventures, Inc., Canada; BlockSpaces, USA; Blockster Labs, Anonyome Labs, Australia; Selfd.id, Romania; Liquid Avatar Technologies, Canada; Snapper Future Tech, India; Lorica Identity, USA; BizSecure, USA; Networks Synergy, Kazakhstan; Absolutely Zero Cyber, USA; Cysecure, USA; VERSES Labs, USA
Machine readable governance enabled businesses and venues to trust that tourists had been tested on arrival by Aruba’s health department. Visitors using the digital Aruba Happy Traveler Card could be swiftly and reliably verified with a phone app. This freed both businesses and the government from the burden of mechanically collecting data with the attendant risk of error or fraud.
Indicio.tech, together with SITA and the Aruba Health Department, are trialing the Aruba Health App, a pilot that makes it easy for visitors to share a trusted traveler credential – based on their health status – privately and securely on their mobile device. This credential will provide access to participating hospitality sites on the island.
SITA, together with Indicio.tech and the Aruba Health Department, are trialing the Aruba Health App, a pilot that makes it easy for visitors to share a trusted traveler credential – based on their health status – privately and securely on their mobile device. This credential will provide access to participating hospitality sites on the island.
IDramp, a leader in decentralized identity products and services, announced today that it now provides market-ready solutions leveraging the Indicio Network, a professionally-run decentralized network for identity.
IdRamp provides enterprise and government customers with digital wallets via the Passport mobile application, and on-boarding services with the IDramp Service Delivery Platform. The company has established itself as a market leader in decentralized identity. IDramp selected the Indicio Network for its reliability and expert support services.
Indicio joins companies such as Patagonia and Kickstarter in embracing a corporate model that aligns shareholders and stakeholders around a shared mission to deliver a material benefit to society, not only through products and services and how they are made and delivered, but through prioritizing the welfare of employees, diversity and inclusion, and environmental impact.
- Node Operator Spotlight: Anonyome Related: Anonyome Type: Post Founder: Tim Spring Date: 2021-10-13
- Node Operator Spotlight: IDramp Related: IDramp Type: Post Founder: Tim Spring Date: 2021-10-05
- Indicio launches blockchain-enabled network for identity Type: Post Date: 2021-03-17 Tech: Indy
- Become a Node Operator Type: Post Date: 2021-02-17
- Indicio Tech: Why we converted to a public benefit corporation Type: Post Date: 2021-01-11
Each of the capabilities of the Sudo Platform is attached to a persona. This includes masked email and masked credit cards, private telephony, private and compartmentalized browsing (with ad/tracker blocker and site reputation), VPN, password management, decentralized identity and more.
Recently we caught up with Karl Kneis, COO of IDramp, and Eric Vinton, Chief Business Officer of IDramp, one of the first companies to become an Indicio Node Operator, to discuss their current projects, some goals for the future, and where they think decentralized identity is heading.
“Our clients asked for a stable, fully-staffed network based on Hyperledger Indy— one that could provide the Service Level Agreements their customers need for mission-critical workloads,” said Heather Dahl, CEO of Indicio. “Today, we are excited to announce that this MainNet is open for business.”“This is the network we need to accelerate adoption of passwordless zero trust ecosystems for enterprise customers” said Mike Vesey, President of IDramp, a leader in decentralized identity and a Genesis Node Operator on the Network.
we’ve seen a rapid rise in demand for robust, stable, and professionally maintained networks to support decentralized identity solutions. It’s not a surprise: decentralized identity’s moment has arrived. That’s why we’ve been hard at work creating Hyperledger Indy networks upon which developers all over the world are building, testing, and launching their solutions.
The idea of a benefit corporation begins with long-simmering dissatisfaction in the argument that the only responsibility or duty a company had was to increase its profits, a claim that had been forcefully made by University of Chicago economist Milton Friedman in the New York Times magazine in 1970.
- Making decentralized identity mainstream w Heather Dahl and Ken Ebert (Indicio) Parent: GlobalID Type: Episode Date: 2022-09-14
- Identity Blockchains and Energy Consumption Type: Post Date: 2021-10-19 Tech: Bitcoin Standard: PEER:DID
- Houston we have a Problem – An Identity Problem in the Oil and Gas industry Parent: YouTube Type: Video Date: 2021-08-24 Policy: Biden's Cybersecurity Executive Order
- President Biden’s cybersecurity executive order
- The security landscape for global enterprises
- Decentralized identity, what it is and how it fortifies existing data infrastructure
- Case study: applying zero trust and decentralized identity to energy
how new identity-based technology can help people, governments and companies develop greater digital trust in a modern society.
A decentralized network using a blockchain-based distributed ledger means you can use Peer DIDs to move most “transactions” and their cryptographic proofing off ledger. This means that for those peer-to-peer interactions, identity blockchains don’t need to do any ledger transactions at all.
- Scale Your Decentralized Identity Solution by Upgrading to the Indy DID Method Type: Post Date: 2022-05-23 Standard: DID:Indy
- Indicio completes Hyperledger Indy DID Method—A Milestone in the Evolution of DID Interop Type: Post Date: 2022-05-10 Standard: DID:Indy
- Machine Readable Governance is the Key to Scaling Decentralized Trust Related: TOIP Type: Post Date: 2022-02-15 Focus: Governance Tech: Trust Registry
- The Perfect Signature Style is the Enemy of the One that Works Today Type: Post Date: 2021-11-22 Tech: BBS+
- Trust Registry or Machine-Readable Governance? Type: Post Date: 2021-09-28 Focus: Governance
Again, the Indy DID Method is not an optional upgrade. It’s a major development that delivers interoperability.
The Indy DID Method paves the way for Hyperledger Indy credentials to scale globally by allowing Indy networks to seamlessly interoperate and create a “network-of-networks” effect.
We’re not convinced that “constraint” is the right theoretical approach for an emerging technology, especially one that is being deployed in different sectors for different use cases. To underscore this, we want to address a particular constraint implied by ToIP’s design concepts that is likely to be fatal to any deployment.
BBS+ signature styles are not going to be ready for deployment anytime soon. This is precisely why you should build today and in a way that allows you to add them later.
The world will move towards decentralized identity if we make it easy for them to do so—and easy means, above all, fast. The solution is machine readable governance—a smart way of implementing rules for how to manage trust.
- Why the Indicio TestNet is the Best Way to Explore Decentralized Identity Type: Post Date: 2022-02-01
- Introducing the Indicio DemoNet—a new decentralized network for product demonstration Type: Post Date: 2021-05-20
- One woman’s open-source journey to decentralized identity Type: Post Date: 2021-03-29
The Indicio Network contains three networks: a MainNet for hosting solutions, a DemoNet for demonstrating products, and a TestNet for development and experimentation. We’ve made the TestNet free for developers to use — making it ideal for exploring, building, testing, and demonstrating your ideas.
The Indicio DemoNet joins the Indicio TestNet, which is used for developing new technology releases, and the Indicio MainNet, which hosts mission-critical products and services. With the DemoNet, Indicio now provides a full suite of networks for decentralized identity development and deployment.
Noha Abuaesh, a Bahrain-based computer scientist, has been exploring decentralized identity for the last year, often with assistance from Indicio.tech’s open-source tools and free communications channels.
From other pages on this site. (Beta)
- Name: Bonifii
Parent: CULedger Type: Company Author(s): Darrell O'Donnell, John Ainsworth, Julie Esser Related: Sovrin Steward, Indicio, Over 70 Partners Date: 2017 Related: Sovrin Steward, Indicio, Over 70 Partners, Location: USA, Colorado, Denver, Market: Clients Focus: Banking
- Name: The Lissi wallet supports the Indicio Network
Parent: Lissi Type: Post Related: Indicio Date: 2021-01-20 Related: Indicio Projects: Lissi Connect
- Name: GlobaliD connects to the Indicio Network
Parent: GlobalID Type: Post Related: Indicio Date: 2021-01-21 Related: Indicio Market: COVID
Bonifii is an innovative financial technology company that proactively protects credit union members from becoming victims of financial fraud by providing safe, secure, and convenient identity verification solutions.
we are committed to not only provide individuals with the choice of their favourite wallet, but also organisations with the choice of their network. We are delighted to announce that the latest version of the Lissi wallet also supports the Indicio Network.
The Indicio Network will enable the issuance and verification of credentials on the GlobaliD platform and in the app, allowing individuals to port their credentials for authentication and authorization into any participating use case scenario — including vaccine passports.