Name: Magic LabsMain: Website, Blog, Docs, Socials: Twitter, Youtube, Crunchbase, Founders: Arthur Jen, Jaemin Jin, Sean Li Founded: 2018 Location: USA, California, San Francisco Sector: Enterprise Industry: ID Market: SSI Tech: Passwordless
Magic is a developer SDK that you can integrate into your application to enable passwordless authentication using magic links - similar to Slack and Medium.
When users want to sign up or log in to your application:
User requests a magic link sent to their email address
User clicks on that magic link
User is securely logged into the application
If it’s a web application, users are logged into the original tab, even if the user clicked on the magic link on a different browser or mobile device!
- Magic Product Updates: December Edition Type: Post Date: 2021-12-28 Market: Developers
- Building a low-code, opinionated approach to plug & play login Type: Post Date: 2021-10-27 Market: IAM
- Magic Raises $27M to Future-Proof Authentication Type: Post Date: 2021-08-09 Standard: WebAuthN
- Decrypt trusts Magic to onboard record new user growth with the launch of reader tokens and rewards Type: Post Date: 2021-05-27 Sector: Web3 Industry: DWeb Market: DeFi Focus: Onboarding
- Magic: A Key-Based Authentication System For Self-Sovereign Identity Type: Whitepaper Date: 2020-07-09
Since our last product update, we’ve launched a multifaceted set of capabilities that enable you to do more with Magic.
Magic Login Form represents a new onboarding experience for end-users, so we wanted to revamp our own onboarding experience for developers to match. Learning about auth can quickly derail any developer’s good day. Striking the balance between good UX and good security can just boggle the mind.
Magic makes it plug and play for developers to add secure, passwordless login, like magic links and WebAuthN, to their applications. Users are no longer exposed to password-related risks from the very start.
I’ll cover how the Decrypt team streamlined development and onboarding to launch Decrypt Tokens and Drops — along with how crypto DNA and a leading product and team drove their trust in Magic.
Since Magic’s authentication protocol is based on key pairs provided by decentralized blockchain networks, it is platform-independent and thus able to provide authentication service without having to rely on centralized identity providers.
- 3 Types of Passwordless Authentication for Web 3.0 Type: Post Date: 2021-12-30 Tech: Passwordless
- Developers: SMS Authentication is Challenging Type: Post Date: 2021-10-27 Tech: SMS
Passwordless authentication is a fundamental shift in how people will access their tools and information online, and it will provide more security, prevent billions in losses, and create greater transparency.
SMS (Short Message Service) messaging¹, despite a number of material challenges, has broad adoption, international regulations, and support across platforms.
- Magic at HackOn2.0 Type: Post Date: 2021-08-02 Event: HackOn2.0
At Magic, we love to be where developers hang out. As a Developer Advocate, it’s especially fun to connect with devs dreaming up big ideas and hacking them into reality. Back in April, the HackOn2.0 team reached out to me to talk about getting Magic involved in their next hackathon. We jumped at the opportunity and were so glad to support the HackOn2.0’s vibrant community.