Name: MattereumMain: Website, Blog, Socials: Twitter, Youtube, Crunchbase, Linkedin, Telegram, Founders: Rob Knight, Vinay Gupta Founded: 2017-08-04 Location: United Kingdom, England, London Sector: Enterprise, Web3 Industry: DWeb Market: IOT Tech: Ethereum, Smart Contracts
Mattereum has the tools to make physical goods flow around the world as easily as information using Ethereum blockchain smart contracts.
We help people to sell, organise, and communicate about their property with confidence. Strong product knowledge ensures everyone derives maximum value from objects they buy, sell, and own.
Mattereum’s first customer is legendary actor William Shatner’s company Third Millenia. Using Mattereum Asset Passports to authenticate important collectibles and memorabilia from Mr Shatner’s long and distinguished career will ensure that these items continue to grow in value by retaining their provenance indefinitely.
- Countering Marketplace Deception with Mattereum’s Trust-as-a-Service Platform Type: Post Date: 2021-10-20 Market: IOT
- Introduction to Smart Property Type: Post Date: 2021-09-28 Market: IOT
Marketplace deception is everywhere, at great cost and risk to consumers and businesses. Regulation alone won’t fix it. Can Mattereum Asset Passports and Product Information Markets help secure trust in B2B and B2C trade?
How can we streamline and improve the techno-social protocols around commerce so we can better maintain equilibrium with our planet and ourselves?
- Bringing Truth to Market with Trust Communities & Product Information Markets Type: Post Date: 2021-09-29 Market: IOT
- FOS Ep. 5: Ian Grigg on Crypto, Identity, Community, and Building Positive-Sum Systems Type: Episode Date: 2021-08-25
- Decentralizing and Securing Collectible Card Grading Services with the Mattereum Protocol Type: Post Date: 2021-05-19 Market: IOT
With product information markets enabled by Trust Communities, we can incentivize truth in markets by allowing experts to make money on their expertise and face consequences for erroneous claims. Simple concept, powerful implications.
Ian Grigg is one of the most influential builders in the crypto space, having built digital asset systems since the nineties. We discuss his invention of the Ricardian contract framework, what makes cryptonetworks successful, identity as communal phenomenon, and the importance of building positive-sum systems.
Avoid costly industry deadlocks and gatekeeping with a peer-produced, decentralized alternative to centralized collectible grading and authentication services with the Mattereum Protocol
- Build Back Better! Type: Post Date: 2022-07-07 Industry: Metaverse
- Winter Has Come Type: Post Date: 2022-07-06
- The Blockchain Sheep of Reason: Why the blockchain works for the young and old people hate it Type: Post Founder: Ian Simmons Date: 2022-06-09 Sector: Web3
- The Best of Both Worlds: Solving Doctorow’s Oracle Problem Type: Post Date: 2022-01-31
VR is not ready for artistic reasons, far more than for technical ones. So my prediction is this: the Metaverse is going to fail.
crypto wins by solving problems that nobody else can solve, profitably. It has to win at three levels to survive:
- Ordinary people have to use it
- It has to generate actual value, not just move value around
- Governments have to tolerate it or use it themselves — either one will do
There is practically no boomer control of bitcoin or Web3
So while the blockchain space is in some abstract sense perfectly private and perfectly reliable, things are weakest at the joints. The on-ramps and off-ramps are parts of the real world, they’re tied to physical reality and KYC/AML/CTF regulations.